Benefits of Gelatin
Taking collagen peptides, drinking bone broth, and supplementing gelatin are very popular right now, and they should be, they are all very healthy! Here are some of the many benefits for these items:
1. Good source of amino acids. Alanine, arginine, glycine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, proline, serine, threonine tyrosine, valine to name just a few.
2. Great source of protein. The gelatin that I used for this gummy bear recipe (Vital Proteins) has 17 grams of protein in about 1 ½ Tbsp of powder.
3. Helps maintain healthy joints and bones.
4. They are a good source of the amino acid glycine- which can elevate serotonin levels and improve sleep quality. It is also a component of creatine- which is needed for muscle recovery and may improve your exercise regimen. Glycine is also converted to glutathione- a powerful antioxidant.
5. It may improve the appearance of your skin and hair. Studies have shown that is can increase skin moisture and density and may increase thickness of hair.
The gummy bear recipe below is definitely kid approved. Next time I try it, I'm going to try a orange juice or apple juice. Any juice should do! Experiment my friends and enjoy!